The primary objective of the Barbering Program is to prepare students for the state licensing examination to become a licensed Barber. A licensed barber’s opportunities include working in beauty salons, resort hotels and the opportunity to own his or her own salon.
We utilize flexible scheduling, which may be individualized to meet working student’s needs. The Barbering Program takes 1200 clock hours to complete. Following subjects are covered:
- Florida Laws and Rules for Barbering
- Salon Safety, Sanitation and Sterilization
- Hair Cutting and Sculpturing
- Hair Coloring
- Hair Structure and Chemistry Shampoos and Rinses
- Scalp Treatments, Hair Care Rinses
- Shaving, Beard and Mustache
For detailed description of the program please see our catalog.
This program is approved for Financial Aid under Title IY. Financial Aid is available to qualified applicants. For more information please see our Financial Aid page.